I’m a 6th year PhD student in Agricultural & Resource Economics at UC Berkeley. My research focuses on urbanization, agricultural transformation, and social networks in East Africa.
I’ve been supported by an NSF GRFP grant and have recently been working with the DIME unit at the World Bank. Prior to coming to Berkeley, I was a Research Manager at Stanford University and a Research Associate at IPA - Kenya.
- Housing and Human Capital: Condominiums in Ethiopia - with T. Getahun
3ie Registry JMP
- Valuing the Time of the Self-Employed - with T. Baseler, S. Chassang, P. Dupas, E. Snowberg
[AEA RCT Registry - 0004110] [NBER WP] R&R - Review of Economic Studies.
- New Technology and Network Change: Experimental Evidence from Kenya
Draft available upon request.
Works in Progress
- Self-timed Credit Contracts: Evidence from Kenyan Farmers - with T. Baseler, S. Chassang, P. Dupas, E. Snowberg
AEA RCT Registry - 0002949 Data collection complete.
- The role of information, accountability and resource gaps in explaining urban services quality in Ethiopia - with P. Dupas
AEA RCT Registry - 0002114 Data collection complete.
- Land Market Frictions, Technology Adoption, and Farm Profits - with F. Kondylis, J. Loeser, J. Magruder
AEA RCT Registry - 0004697 Data collection in progress.
- Sustainable Agricultural Intensification and Food Security Project - with F. Kondylis, J. Loeser, J. Magruder
Data collection in progress.
- Wages, Labor Poaching, and Foreign Competition: Evidence from Ethiopia - with G. Abebe
Pilot in progress.